Dispatchers are expected to demonstrate exemplary customer service skills and punctuality at all times. Dispatchers are the first level of supervision for Bus operators and daily operations. They are required to have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and be proficient in Word, Excel and email. Dispatchers must have adequate knowledge of the Fargo-Moorhead area and be familiar with the MATBUS system.
- Open communication through E-Mail
- Maintaining Dispatcher App
- Fare Media Sales
- Reconciling your cash register at the end of your shift
- Data entry (i.e. NT’s, DVI’s, Field trips, Complaints/Incidents, Collision reports, Manage MAT)
- Updating databases for Contractor and Client
- Answering phones
- Keeping voice messaging and electronic files up to date
- Paratransit cancelations, relaying messages, and maintaining correct runs/schedules in Routematch
- Any special tasks assigned by management for the organization
- Communication with Bus operators using 10-code protocol (see Exhibit K - 10-Codes)
- All personnel are required to have a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent, and have two-years of experience with telephone sales or customer service. Must maintain good interpersonal, oral and writing skills
- Requirements include providing great customer service through direct personal contact and over the phone, along with maintaining control over two-way radios, sales, and scheduling. Dispatchers will be required to learn all routes and services we offer along with updating Bus operators and customers of any changes in routes or fares.
- All dispatchers are required to maintain at least a Class D license. It is not mandatory to have a CDL license as a dispatcher, however it is preferred all dispatchers have and maintain a minimum of a Class B CDL with passenger and air brake endorsements. Regardless of the type of license a dispatcher has any motor vehicle infractions (i.e. anything other than parking tickets) must be reported to their supervisor immediately. Dispatchers must notify their supervisor immediately if their license ever becomes expired or suspended.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company:First Transit
- Terms and Conditions Type:Full Time
- State:North Dakota
- Category:Customer Service & Monitor
- Contact Telephone Number:701-241-8171